- About Us
- District Services
- Early Childhood Education
- Oak Ridge Elementary (Pre K -4)
- Pine Meadow Elementary (K - 4)
- Sartell Middle School (5 - 8)
- Sartell High School (9 - 12)
- District Service Center
- Contact Us
Elementary Academic Extensions
We are updating our Extensions Services as we study and implement standards-based practices for the early gifted learner.
Please note that the Extensions information on this webpage will be updated as we move through this process.
Elementary Academic Extensions Teachers:
Kim Killmer- Pine Meadow Elementary - Full-time
Julie Hagen- Oak Ridge Elementary- Full-time
What is Academic Extensions?
- Programs and teacher collaboration that offers curriculum rigor for students who need and thrive on a "challenge."
- Activities to further develop a talent or interest.
Academic Extensions Staff
- There is one full-time certified teacher working each elementary building.
- There in one half-time certified teacher working at Sartell Middle School.
Please contact the Academic Extension teachers or our curriculum for further information.
Academic Extension services are designed for the students in this district that require extra challenge in their daily learning. These services are described as curriculum-based and student-based. Curriculum-based services are curricular modifications that are made in course content, instructional strategies and in products required of the students. Many of these services occur in the regular classroom. Student-based services are modifications based on a student’s specific talents. These services are implemented after an examination of the student’s abilities and interests occurs. An example of student based services would be small group pull-out classes arranged by the Academic Extension Teacher. These small group classes capitalize on the strength or interest of the students involved. Both types of services are used in this district.