- About Us
- District Services
- Early Childhood Education
- Oak Ridge Elementary (K -4)
- Pine Meadow Elementary (K - 4)
- Sartell Middle School (5 - 8)
- Sartell High School (9 - 12)
- District Service Center
- Contact Us
Elementary Academic Extensions
Mission StatementThe Sartell-St. Stephen Public Schools' Gifted and Talented/Academic Extensions Program provides identified students with a continuum of services based on sound theory and research to maximize student achievement and promote a positive self-image of highly-able learners.
Elementary Academic Extensions Teachers:
Kim Killmer- Pine Meadow Elementary - Full-time
Julie Hagen- Oak Ridge Elementary- Full-time
What is Academic Extensions?
- Programs and teacher collaboration that offers curriculum rigor for students who need and thrive on a "challenge."
- Activities to further develop a talent or interest.
Grade level teachers work as a team with the extensions teacher and principal to recommend student participation after examining multiple sources of data. These sources may include:
- NWEA (achievement data) given by grade level teachers
- CogAT (reasoning skills data) given by the Academic Extensions Teacher
- SPOT checklist (gifted and talented characteristic checklist) done by the classroom teacher
- Classroom performance
Students New to the Sartell School District
If you are moving to the Sartell School District 748, please provide all pertinent information concerning your child's participation in previous Gifted and Talented programs. All students go through our district's assessment process and there is no reciprocity between school districts.