- About Us
- District Services
- Early Childhood Education
- Oak Ridge Elementary (Pre K -4)
- Pine Meadow Elementary (K - 4)
- Sartell Middle School (5 - 8)
- Sartell High School (9 - 12)
- District Service Center
- Contact Us
Curriculum And Instruction
Welcome to the Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment, and Staff Development area.
The goal of our department is to assist staff in implementing the district mission statement, "Where Excellence is the Expected Outcome for ALL Learners". It is the policy of District 748 to develop and implement learner outcomes guiding classroom instruction for which all students and staff are held accountable.
We work collaboratively with our instructional staff, focusing on: 1) Learner outcomes that address both the cognitive and affective needs of students; 2) Incorporating the Minnesota State Standards and research-based best practices into curricular and instructional practice; 3) Integrating various forms of assessment into the instructional program including: on-going and summative assessment, performance evaluation, and standardized testing. To learn more about the MN Department of Education, click here.
Areas of Emphasis:
All students will be required to demonstrate essential skills supportive of life-long learning. These skill areas include:
- Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening, and Viewing in the English Language;
- Mathematical concepts;
- Science concepts;
- History and Social Studies concepts;
- The Arts including the Visual, Music, and Theatre Arts;
- Health and Physical Education.
Click here for the ISD 748 Literacy Plan