2018 Levy for Learning
The Sartell-St. Stephen School Board of Education asked the community to continue their commitment to education by supporting a Levy for Learning in November 2018. The District is beginning the next phase of their long-term Facilities Master Plan that the Community Schools Planning Committee presented to the School Board in the Fall of 2015. The School Board approved the Plan in January 2016.
Community members were invited to attend tours of the new Sartell High School construction site and/or a community presentation to find out more about the 2018 Levy for Learning.
Click to view the Community Presentation slides (September/October/November 2018).
Added October 11, 2018: A Questions and Answers document based on questions from community members. This document will be updated as new questions are received; please be sure to check back for additional information.
If you have any questions, please email us or phone 320-656-3701.
November 7, 2018
The Levy for Learning was not passed by voters on November 6. According to election results posted on the Secretary of State website, the levy vote was 60.39% No (4,924) and 39.61% Yes (3,230).
Attend a tour of the new Sartell High School construction site and/or a community presentation to find out more about the 2018 Levy for Learning.
Tours of the new Sartell High School
- Saturday, October 13 at 10a
- Tours last approximately one hour
- Park in the Oak Ridge Elementary parking lot (1111 - 27th Street North)
- Tours will begin and end at Oak Ridge Elementary
- Adults should pre-register a week prior to the tour start date so our tour guides and construction staff can adequately prepare
- Because it is an active construction site, tours are limited to adults only at this time.
- Be sure to dress appropriately for an active construction site (closed and comfortable shoes/clothing may get dirty).
Tours were also offered every Thursday in September (6, 13, 20, and 27) at 6p.
For those unable to attend a presentation, the October 10, 2018 community presentation was recorded; due to an unwanted spam phone call interrupting the recording, the presentation is recorded in two parts: Part 1 (approximately 43 minutes) and Part 2 (approximately 15 minutes).
You may also click to view the Community Presentation slides (September/October/November 2018).
- Thursday, September 27 at 9:00 a.m. at Senior's Coffee and Conversation at Sartell Community Center (Note: this date changed from the original date of September 13)
- Wednesday, October 3 at 5:15 p.m. at St. Stephen City Hall
- Wednesday, October 10 at 6:30 p.m. at Sartell Middle School Hub
- Wednesday, October 24 at 6:30 p.m. at Sartell High School Auditorium Location changed to Media Center (as of 10/22/18)
Chamber Members are invited:
- Friday, September 14 at 7:30 a.m. at St. Cloud Chamber
- Tuesday, September 25 at 3:00 p.m. at St. Cloud Chamber
- Tuesday, October 9 at 11:30 a.m. Sartell Chamber (at Waters Church)
Note: Some presentations are just for Chamber Members, others are open to everyone
Sartell-St. Stephen school levy defeated
November 7, 2018 - Sartell Newsleader
Election 2018: Superintendent reacts to failed levy question
November 7, 2018 - WJON
Elections 2018: Sartell city and school race final results
November 7, 2018 - St. Cloud Times
Operating levy on the ballot in the Sartell-St. Stephen District
October 30, 2018 - WJON
ICYMI (In case you missed it): What you need to know about the Sartell-St. Stephen levy referendum
October 30, 2018 - St. Cloud Times
Dollars, cents and the operational levy
October 5, 2018 - Sartell Newsleader
Chamber backs school levy
October 1, 2018 - KNSI
3 remaining information sessions for Sartell-St. Stephen levy
September 28, 2018 - St. Cloud Times
A tour of Sartell's dream school
September 21, 2018 - Sartell Newsleader
About one-third of Sartell-St. Stephen's levy money (should it pass) will come from the state
September 18, 2018 - St. Cloud Times
Sartell-St. Stephen schools asking voters for more operating funds: Why and how much
September 8, 2018 - St. Cloud Times
Board kicks off Levy for Learning
August 23, 2018 - Sartell Newsleader
Board OKs tax increase related to new high school
July 27, 2018 - Sartell Newsleader
School District Operating Levy
July 16, 2018 - KNSI
Sartell-St. Stephen to ask for about $440 more per student from taxpayers
July 16, 2018 - St. Cloud Times
Sartell-St. Stephen Bringing Levy to Voters in the Fall
July 16, 2018 - WJON
Sartell-St. Stephen looks to ask voters for more money this fall
March 6, 2018- WJON
Sartell-St. Stephen schools to ask voters for more funds
March 2, 2018 - St. Cloud Times