Principals Provide MTSS Overview
Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS)
Sartell-St. Stephen recognizes that students have a variety of academic and behavioral needs. To support our students, we have adopted the Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) framework.
Our goal is to ensure the success of all students. The MTSS framework uses data-based decisions to meet the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students.
When MTSS is fully implemented…
- All students will receive instruction that aligns with their unique needs.
- All students will make one or more years of growth annually.
- All staff will deliver evidence-based instruction that aligns with the unique needs of students.
- The achievement and opportunity gaps among various student groups will be eliminated.
- All parents/families and stakeholders will be well-informed of Sartell-St. Stephen’s MTSS framework.
Click to view our MTSS Process Guide.
Click to view our MTSS Family Overview.
Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) FAQs
As a parent, how can I help?
Does it support every student?
How are student social, emotional, & behavioral needs met?
How are student academic needs met?
It is comprehensive?
District MTSS Goals
The District’s MTSS Goals:
- Meet the academic and social-emotional needs of 100% of our students through a tiered system of supports.
- Design a seamless and data-informed decision-making process across the continuum of student academic and social-emotional learning needs.
- Create an aligned, responsive, and collaborative system that is focused on student success and continuous organizational improvement.
- Use data to support staff effectiveness through professional development, resource allocation, and the use of evidence-based practices.
- Ensure continuous improvement of student achievement on local and state assessments.
- Utilize assessment systems and data-informed problem solving to match evidence-based supports with student learning needs.
- Develop a culture where students are active participants focused on personal growth and individual goals.
For more information regarding the MTSS process at your child’s school, please contact the building principal.
Sara NelsonPMPS Principal
Zachary DingmannRIS Principal