SMS Weekly News
Sartell Middle School yearbooks will be not be delivered until sometime this summer. Once we receive information from Jostens regarding the middle school delivery date, that will be communicated. Due to COVID-19 Jostens currently only has one plant open and their top priority has been printing/delivering yearbooks to this year's senior class of 2020.
May 28 - grades
Final grades will be available in Skyward on Monday, June 1 at 4:00 p.m.
If you have questions regarding your child’s grade, please contact the teacher directly prior to June 3 at 11:00 a.m.
Math, ELA, Social Studies, Science and 8th grade Spanish
Grade Options Include: A, B, C, D, and Incomplete (I). (No F's can be given per MN Department of Education Guidance)
- Students who have completed their work and have earned an A, B, C, or D should be given that grade per usual as an indicator of their learning.
- For students who have earned an F, if they have made some effort and some work has been turned in, a D will be given to indicate a passing grade.
- For students who have earned an F due to low engagement or low work completion, an "Incomplete" will be given. This means that teachers were unable to determine a level of learning for the 4th quarter.
Specialists and Music Ensembles
Grade Options Include: Pass (P)/Incomplete (I). (No F's can be given per MN Department of Education Guidance)
- As long as students turned in at least one assignment, they will be given a "P".
- No grades will be given for the 4th quarter.
- For students who earn an "Incomplete", we will try to offer additional support in August. We would prefer to offer this support in an “in-person” setting. Due the variety of unknows, we will send out more information later in the summer with details if this is possible.