Honey Mustard Crispy Chicken Salad
Sartell Middle School & Sartell High School: Tuesday, November 27 is the debut of our new Honey Mustard Crispy Chicken Salad!!
Farm to School
October is officially Farm to School month, but we practice Farm to School principles throughout the year. The Farm to School movement began to provide wholesome locally-grown foods to students to support their growth and learning. Our District has been privileged to receive two Minnesota Department of Agriculture Farm to School Grants in partnership with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota. These grants funded a substantial portion of the cost for the following pieces of equipment: combination steam/convection ovens, food processor, refrigerated salad bars, and hot water dispensers. These grants have assisted our program in providing local foods by enabling us to have the equipment we need to process, cook, and serve more local foods.
Click to learn more about our menu items:
Account Balance Notifications
November 8: we have fixed the issue with our automated balance notification system, but notifications were not sent in a timely fashion. You may see a lower amount in your account if you rely on notifications to update your account. Please log in to Skyward Family Access to check your account to make sure you have enough funds for food service. Thank you for your patience.
Open Houses - visit Food Services!
Tuesday, August 28: Kindergarten Open House
- District Food Services will be providing an opportunity for families to experience the cafeteria.
- A full “school lunch” dinner meal including a taco nacho bar, fruit, veggies, and milk will be available for purchase (Age 5–Adult is $3.60 and Preschoolers are $2.50). To view a flyer with more information, please click here.
- Find out more about Skyward, Free/Reduced benefits, make deposits to your account, and learn about FREE BREAKFAST FOR ALL KINDERGARTEN students.
Wednesday, August 29: Grades 1–4 & SMS Open Houses
- Cafeterias will be open for tours
- Staff will answer questions about Skyward and accept food service account payments.
- Food service staff will also be available for questions, including special dietary needs.
For more information, please call Food Services at 320-656-3701 x1131.
New for 2018-2019
RevTrak now offers auto-replenish for food service accounts!
Families can enable/disable this optional feature at any time. Auto-replenish will automatically deposit a specified amount to an account if enabled.
Healthy Snacks for a Healthy District
As part of Sartell-St. Stephen School District's Wellness Policy, we encourage students, parents, and staff to get creative with non-food celebrations for rewards (such stickers or classroom tokens) and create inclusiveness for allergy students.
Should food be included in a school celebration, we encourage you to take time to consider healthy treat options. We have a comprehensive handout for food and non-food ideas for celebrations throughout the year. This tool is available for parents and staff to use not only for school, but also at home as many recipes are kid-friendly and easy to prepare.
Questions? Contact us:
Felicia Kittok, RDN
Assistant Food Service Director