Updates for 2020-2021
- Due to COVID-19 Learning Model schedules, Sartell-St. Stephen ISD 748, Sauk Rapids-Rice, and St. Cloud Area School Districts will continue our decision-making collaboration but will communicate District schedule decisions separately.
- KIDSTOP has modified their schedules based on weather. Please visit the Boys & Girls Club of Central Minnesota's Weather Closing Procedures webpage for details.
Due to potential variances in building-specific learning models, the school district will weigh each weather situation individually and make a public announcement via our normal protocols (direct emails/texts/phone calls to families and via media outlets, our district website and social media). A reminder that families may modify their Skylert notification preferences at any time in Skyward Family Access (click the Skylert tab on the left menu). Here is an overview of what weather schedules may look like with each learning model:
- Distance Learning: the school district will likely not have two-hour late starts or snow days. Students should plan on attending school [add “remotely”?] per their regular schedule.
- Hybrid or In-Person: schools may have two-hour late starts and/or cancellations for snow days.
Skylert notifications are used to communicate school delays/cancellations with families. Information is also shared on our website, social media, and local television/radio stations.
- Families should make sure their Skyward Family Access account is updated to receive Skylert notifications according to your preferences. For a Skylert overview, please click here.
- Community members interested in receiving District emails/texts/phone calls for severe weather closings/delays are invited to create an account with Skylert, our emergency notification service. For instructions to help set up your account in the Skylert Community Portal, please view this handout.