Early Childhood Screening
Early Childhood Screening is a simple screening of your child's:
- cognition skills
- height, weight, vision, and hearing
The screening appointment takes about an hour to complete and uses the DIAL 4 and Ages and Stages Social/Emotional Questionnaire.
Early Childhood Screening is:
- Designed for children between 3 and 5+ (Kindergarten entrance)
- Recommended that children are screened at age 3.5 years
- Required prior to public kindergarten entrance
- Screening is free of charge
Watch this 5-minute video: What is Early Childhood Screening
If your child was screened in another school district, please contact the school district and ask that the screening records be sent to the new school.
If your student will be attending:
Register for Early Childhood Screening
Tips for Families
→ Play with your child! Play is a child's work. It is the natural way in which they explore the world and practice what they are learning.