The Sartell-St. Stephen School District 748 Board of Education has contracted with School Exec Connect, a superintendent search firm, to assist with the search for a new superintendent...
To begin the process, the School Exec Connect consultants, Dr. Kenneth (Ken) Dragseth and Mr. Robert (Bob) Ostlund will meet virtually with board members, school staff, parents, students, and community members individually and in focus groups in the next couple of weeks to determine the challenges, strengths, goals of our district and what characteristics or skills you would like to see in a superintendent. Additionally, our staff and community members will have the opportunity to give confidential written feedback to the consultants via our website linked to a questionnaire in Survey Monkey.
Using this information, we will develop a profile of the desired skills and characteristics in the next superintendent.
- January 8-February 24: The position will be advertised, and candidates will be recruited.
- March 1: School Board and consultants will meet to review and select candidates to be initially interviewed.
- March 2-3: School Board will interview five or six recommended candidates.
- March 3: School Board will narrow the field to two or three finalists.
- March 8-10: The next round of individual interviews will occur.
- Each finalist will be interviewed virtually or in-person in a process with staff, student and community involvement as well as a final formal Board interview.
- The Board will ask staff, students and community to provide input into the selection by their participation in a question-and -answer session with each finalist and completion of a feedback form to be shared with the Board. The School Board plans to act on the new superintendent’s contract in March.
Please feel free to contact Ken Dragseth (952-210-2790) or Bob Ostlund (612-308-8997) if you have any questions regarding the search.