School Board Meeting Public Forum
The Sartell-St. Stephen School Board values the opportunity to hear from community members regarding issues that are important to them.
A public forum is scheduled during each regular School Board meeting for opportunities to listen to community input. In order to address the School Board at Public Forum, speakers must submit the Public Forum Speaker Request Form by 12:00 pm (noon) on Friday prior to the meeting.
Click here to complete the Public Forum Speaker Request Form.
General Guidelines and Expectations for Public Speakers
- Public Forum is an opportunity for members of the school district to address the School Board. During this portion of the meeting the School Board and administration will listen to comments; however, the School Board will not deliberate, discuss or engage in conversation with speakers during Public Forum. While comments and questions are welcome, law prohibits the School Board from discussing concerns about individual employees or students in a public meeting. The School Board will stop the proceedings immediately if employee or student privacy issues are raised and direct the speaker to forward comments regarding individual employees or students to the Superintendent.
- In order to complete School Board meetings in a timely fashion, the open forum will be limited to a total of not more than 30 minutes and 10 individual speakers. Each individual speaker will be allotted up to 3 minutes.
- Public Forum is intended for members of the school district to address the School Board. Public Forum requests from speakers outside the school district may be declined.
- In the interest of maintaining a respectful and welcoming Public Forum all speakers are expected to demonstrate professionalism and deliver their remarks in a respectful manner. Vulgarity, personal attacks, malice or specific complaints identifying staff or students by name or implication will not be permitted. Failure to comply with open forum expectations and guidelines may result in an individual’s privilege to speak being revoked.
- Members of the school district who wish to address the School Board at the upcoming regular School Board meeting must submit the Request to Speak at the ISD 748 Board Meeting Form to speak by 12:00 pm (noon) the Friday before the meeting.
- The Superintendent or a member of the School Board may contact you after your request is submitted.
Thank you for your interest in speaking during public forum.
Board Policy 206 provides more detail about the public’s right to an opportunity to be heard and to have concerns considered and evaluated by the school board, within the limits of the law.
Please click this graphic or the link above to complete the request form.