We offer a fee-based preschool option to help you prepare your child for future school success. Our teachers are licensed by the State of Minnesota and use approved curriculum and assessments. We do follow the District's resident policy so you will need to show proof that you are a resident of the Sartell-St. Stephen School District to enroll.
Tours are available by contacting the coordinator. Our School Readiness Preschool classes are integrated with Early Childhood Special Education.
The purpose of our preschool program is to prepare children to enter kindergarten. It is a priority of our preschool program to involve parents in their child’s learning and education. Involving families early encourages parents to play a more active role throughout their child’s education.
It is you, the parent(s) who play a critical role in preparing your child for success with the assistance of the school; not the role of school with the assistance of parents.
We believe parents are the first and most important teacher in a child’s life.
We use a play-based, hands-on learning approach in our center with:
- Creative Curriculum for lessons
- Teaching Strategies Gold for assessments
These two programs work together to create an authentic assessment model that allows teachers to document growth and development on their students while they are busy working and playing in the classroom and use that information to develop lessons suited to each child's ability.
- Services are provided for eligible children who are experiencing delays in their development for several reasons, including special health conditions.
- Designed to meet the unique developmental needs of each child and their family.
- Offered at no cost to families.
- Accessing these services as early as possible will ensure the best developmental outcomes for the child.
- Children ages birth to three receive services in their home or community child care setting through Benton Stearns Education District.
- Classroom learning experiences for three - five year old children are provided in small group or inclusive classrooms through Sartell-St. Stephen Early Childhood.