Checklist for Families
Watch your inboxes for school-specific information closer to school starting. This checklist provides District deadlines and reminders for families.
1. School Supply Lists - /backtoschool
View school/grade-specific lists on this page.
2. Food Service - /foodservice
- Free/Reduced Eligibility: families who qualify for free or reduced-price meals should fill out an application via Skyward (directions online) or print off the PDF packet.
- Handbook: please review the updated Food Service handbook with your student(s).
- NEW on RevTrak: there is now an option for families to select “auto-replenish” if their Food Service account falls below a certain amount! Read more about "auto-replenish" here.
3. Communications & Technology - /technology
- Skyward/Skylert: Please access your Skyward account to make sure your notification preferences are set and update any contact information that changed since May.
4. Health Services - /healthservices
- Introduce yourself to the School Nurse ESPECIALLY if you have a health concern or change from the previous year
- Drop off medications and paperwork - Medication Authorization
- Immunization forms due for Pre-K, K, and 7th graders!
5. Full Access/Technology - /fullaccess
Our District’s Full Access plan provides a device to every student in grades 3-12. Students at SHS and SMS should complete the following:
- Parents must complete and submit the Full Access Handbook Agreement and submit payment of the non-refundable deposit online prior to pick up. The Agreement and Payment portal can be found by clicking the link above or clicking ‘Full Access’ on the left side of the Technology page.
- After paying online, students may pick up devices August 28 during Open House from 3:30-6:30pm.
- Read the 2018-2019 Full Access letter for the steps needed to complete Full Access registration (view an online video, read and sign off electronically the handbooks/agreements, and submit payments).
- All of these steps must be completed by September 1.
6. Calendars - /calendar
- Open Houses: Open Houses are scheduled at the end of August; please view our calendar for grade-specific times/dates.
- New Family Night: Join us Tuesday, August 21 at Pine Meadow Elementary at 7p. Children are welcome to attend, though not required (childcare available for children older than 1 year).
Back to School
You will find resources on this page for preparing your children for their next grade level academically as well as making sure they have the supplies they need.
Ready for School: Concepts to work on over the summer are important for students entering the grades listed. They include skills ranging from self-care for Kindergarten to spelling lists and mathematics.
Please check this page often for timely updates and additions.