Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
Sartell-St. Stephen recognizes that students have a variety of academic and behavioral needs. To support our students, we have adopted the Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) framework.
Our goal is to ensure the success of all students. The MTSS framework uses data-based decisions to meet the academic, social, emotional, and behavioral needs of students.
When MTSS is fully implemented…
- All students will receive instruction that aligns with their unique needs.
- All students will make one or more years of growth annually.
- All staff will deliver evidence-based instruction that aligns with the unique needs of students.
- The achievement and opportunity gaps among various student groups will be eliminated.
- All parents/families and stakeholders will be well-informed of Sartell - St. Stephen’s MTSS framework.
Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) FAQs
As a parent, how can I help?
Does it support every student?
How are student social, emotional, & behavioral needs met?
How are student academic needs met?
It is comprehensive?
District MTSS Goals
The District’s MTSS Goals:
- Meet the academic and social-emotional needs of 100% of our students through a tiered system of supports.
- Design a seamless and data-informed decision-making process across the continuum of student academic and social-emotional learning needs.
- Create an aligned, responsive, and collaborative system that is focused on student success and continuous organizational improvement.
- Use data to support staff effectiveness through professional development, resource allocation, and the use of evidence-based practices.
- Ensure continuous improvement of student achievement on local and state assessments.
- Utilize assessment systems and data-informed problem solving to match evidence-based supports with student learning needs.
- Develop a culture where students are active participants focused on personal growth and individual goals.
For more information regarding the MTSS process at your child’s school, please contact the building principal.