Early Childhood Screening is a simple screening of your child's:
- cognition skills
- height, weight, vision, and hearing
The screening appointment takes about an hour to complete and uses the DIAL 4 and Ages and Stages Social/Emotional Questionnaire.
Early Childhood Screening is:
- Designed for children between 3 and 5+ (Kindergarten entrance)
- Recommended that children are screened at age 3.5 years-4yrs of age
- Required prior to public kindergarten entrance
- Screening is free of charge
Watch this 5-minute video: What is Early Childhood Screening
Due to the current community spread of COVID-19, all early childhood screening will be held in a virutal platform during the months of November and December. If you wish to schedule a virtual screening session please complete the following:
1. Download the packet below that corresponds to your child's current age:
2. REGISTER for a virtual session with Early Childhood Screener HERE.
3. Complete all paperwork, including the activites required with your child for the ASQ3. Return completed paper work to ORELC via fax, e-mail to Early Childhood Coordinator, or drop off at ORELC main office PRIOR to your screening appointment.
If your child was screened in another school district, please contact the school district and ask that the screening records be sent to the new school.