Pre-payment of meals for a minimum of two weeks is encouraged; however, monthly, quarterly, or bi-yearly pre-payments are accepted and have proven to be convenient for parents. A minimum payment of $25 per family covers all siblings, regardless of building attended
- Payments cover breakfast, lunch, milk, and a la carte, as purchased
1-12 Students $1.55
Reduced-Price K-12 Students Free*
Free-Price K-12 Students Free
K-5 Students $2.75
6-8 Students $2.90
9-12 Students $3.10
ORELC/PMPS Adults $3.90
RIS/SMS/SHS Adults $4.05
All Student Reduced/Free-Price Free*
Extra Milk/Milk with Cold Lunch $0.50
*The Minnesota Legislature has funded a bill to eliminate the charge for the reduced meal benefit. Students who qualify for reduced meal benefits will receive a breakfast and lunch school days at no cost.
**The state of Minnesota is continuing to provide all full price kindergarten students a free breakfast.
RevTrak now offers auto-replenish for food service accounts!
Families can enable/disable this optional feature at any time. Auto-replenish will automatically deposit a specified amount to an account if enabled.
Meal Charging Procedure
Meal account balance notification
Families are encouraged to monitor meal account balances and make online payments in Skyward/RevTrak. If a low/negative balance occurs:
- Families are notified via Skylert (call/text/email)
- Cashiers will also inform students of their lunch account balance if low
- If an account has a negative balance, students are allowed to charge meals, but cannot charge a la carte or extra items
District’s official meal charging procedure
The following are the steps taken when family account balances reach:
- -$50 or greater will receive a letter mailed home with the specific amount owed.
- -$100 or greater will receive a call from the school district. Families must send food from home for the student for meals and set up a payment plan with the District.
Any accounts $-50 or greater at the end of the year will be sent home a letter from the District with the balance owed. If no response is received, the remaining balance will be turned over to a collections agency.
Food Service Payment and Accounts
Methods of Payment
- Online via Skyward:
- Enter Login & Password
- Select Food Service
- Select “Make On-Line Payment” and follow prompts
- Payments are automatically updated to the family account.
- Payments can be called in over the telephone to the Food Service Office in an emergency or if the internet is not available.
- In-person via payment drop boxes available at each school's main office
- Payments should be placed in the drop boxes by 10:00 am (allowing cashiers time to post funds to accounts before lunch begins)
- Cash payments should be placed in a sealed envelope with the student(s) first and last name and PIN printed legibly on the envelope.
- Checks must also have the student(s) first and last name and PIN printed legibly in the memo section of the check.
For more payment options, please access our Food Service Handbook.
Sue FibranzFood Service Office (Skyward Accounts)
- Online via Skyward: