School Site Changes: 2019-2021
Alongside the opening of the new Sartell High School in the Fall of 2019, changes are also in process for all students in grades PreK-8. The following is a timeline of the upcoming shifts. The links on the left side of this page will give you more specific information as it relates to each grade level.
- New Sartell High School opens
- 1993 high school building closes as it undergoes remodeling to become the new grades 6-8 Sartell Middle School
- ORE becomes Oak Ridge Early Learning Center serving students in PreK-K
- PME becomes Pine Meadow Primary School serving students in grades 1-2
- Sartell Middle School (1969 high school) becomes Riverview Intermediate School serving students in grades 3-5
- Sartell High School (1993) reopens as Sartell Middle School serving students in grades 6-8
February 6, 2019 Update
2020-2021 Start/Dismissal Times
Pine Meadow Primary 7:50am-2:20pm
Oak Ridge Early Learning 8:00am-2:30pm
Riverview Intermediate School 8:10am-2:40pm
Sartell Middle School 8:50am-3:35pm
Sartell High School 8:55am-3:40pm
February 6, 2019 Update
The Community Schools Planning Committee, established in 2015, had a meeting on February 6, 2019. To view each building's reconfiguration overviews, please click the links below or visit each page to learn more.
Part 1 of 4: New High School
Part 2 of 4: Reconfiguration of SHS for 6-8
Part 3 of 4: Reconfiguration of SMS for 3-5
Part 4 of 4: Reconfiguration of ORE & PME for PK-2
New Sartell High School, Facility Upgrades to be pitched to School Board
November 8, 2015 - WJON
The Sartell district has been studying its facilities with a community task force since March to come up with a solution for growing enrollment in its schools.
Schwiebert addresses school-bond questions
May 12, 2016 - Sartell Newsleader
The $105.8-million bond, if approved, would be paid back during a 25-year period. The following is an approximate breakdown of how it will be spent:
- New high school, grades 9-12: $89.5 million.
- Changes to existing high school to make it a middle school, grades 6-8: $10.55 million.
- Changes to existing middle school for grades 3-5: $2.55 million.
- Changes to Pine Meadow Elementary, pre-K through grade 2: $1.7 million.
- Changes to Oak Ridge Elementary, pre-K through grade 2: $650,000.
- Borrowing costs of the bond: $850,000.