SHS Activities Update
June 26, 2020
SUMMER STRENGTH TRAINING
Detailed information was emailed to registered Strength Training Athletes on Friday morning June 26. Please contact the Activities Office with any questions. Specific instructions that were included with the email are listed below:
In order to attend Strength Training student-athletes and their parent/guardian must be aware of, and complete the following three items:
- Athletes must review safety protocols by watching the SABRE STRENGTH PROTOCOL VIDEO
- Athletes must print and bring on day one a WAIVER FOR SABRE STRENGTH
- Parents/Guardians must complete each day the SCREENING PROCEDURE
Covid-19 Safety Measures:
- Workout groups will be limited to no more than 24 athletes during outdoor and indoor workouts.
- Social Distancing with 6 feet between all athletes and coaches is required at all times.
- Group ”pods” will not change, athletes will stay with their assigned group.
- Sessions will have staggered start times to limit the number of people entering/leaving the training area.
- Masks will be worn by coaches at all times, and also by athletes as much as activities/workouts permit.
- Parents must complete the google form (Screening Procedure) EACH DAY prior to athletes attending.
- Staff will be temperature screening athletes at the door as an added precaution.
- Athletes will not be allowed to train if the at home screening has not been completed for that day.
Entering School Property
- Athletes will park at door 19 and walk around the west side of SHS to meet their Coach outside,near door 11.
- Attendance will be taken, ensuring screening has been completed, prior to beginning workouts.
Exiting School Property
- Athletes will be required to leave school grounds immediately after workouts.
- Athletes will exit the weight room and leave the building through door 11, walk around the west side of the building and return to their cars or be picked up.
Facilities Cleaning & Equipment Usage
- Prior to athletes entering the weight room, hard surfaces will be sanitized.
- Athletes will sanitize their hands before entering the weight room.
- Weight equipment will be wiped down before and after each athlete’s use of equipment.
- There will be no shared equipment (barbells, dumbbells, towels, clothing, etc.).
- Weight room exercises will not use a spotter.
- There will be assigned work stations in the weight room and each athlete must stay in their designated area at all times.
- Coaches will direct all athletes when to complete exercises along with rest time.
- Athletes must bring their own water bottles; sharing personal water bottles will not be permitted.
- Locker rooms will not be available – restrooms will be available for emergency situations only.
- In the event of bad weather students will check in at door 11, outdoor speed and agility workouts will move to the multipurpose mat room where students can maintain social distancing.
Minnesota State High School League cancels Spring 2020 activities
Sartell High School values education-based programs that aid our students in becoming well-rounded citizens and contributing members of society. We offer a wide range of activities to meet the needs of all students. With the support of both Sartell and St. Stephen we are proud to represent our community.
The Sabres compete in the Minnesota State High School League, are members of the Central Lakes Conference, and are part of Administrative Region 8AA. Please check out our Sartell Sabres website and feel free to contact me with any questions. Go Sabres!
Sartell High School