Survey for Families with Children ages 4-5 years
We value the input of families in our communities. Every year, we ask families with children between the ages of 4-5 years for feedback regarding our Early Childhood programming.
Please complete this survey whether or not you have participated in our programming. All answers are anonymous.
This information is important to us and will help us plan future opportunities for children and families.
The survey will close on Friday, May 1.
If you have any questions, please contact Michele Rogers at 320.656.3763.
Welcome to Early Childhood Education
Please click here for Fall 2020 PreK info.
Sartell-St. Stephen ISD 748 offers a variety of resources for families.
We consider parents/guardians your child's first and most important teacher and we want to partner with you throughout your child's first five years as you prepare them for school success. General timeframes:
- Add your child to our census to stay in touch and receive important notifications about programs. Submit the Census Form (under Resources) to Michele Rogers (Contact Us).
- Join an ECFE class (registration link under Resources)! These classes will support you as a parent, offer parenting tools and a chance to network with other parents.
- Early Childhood Screening checks your child’s growth, development, and possible health or learning concerns in order to offer you additional support and resources if needed.
- Have your child screened around the age of 3.5 years (schedule is accessible under Resources).
- Enroll your child in a preschool class for additional social-emotional and academic development a year or two before Kindergarten.
- Learn about general expectations for entering Kindergarten. The Kindergarten Readiness Expectations brochure (under Resources) was created in partnership with St. Cloud School District, Sauk Rapids-Rice, Reach Up Head Start, Milestones, United Way and Partners for Student Success.
- January prior to the fall your child's kindergarten entry: if you submitted our Census Form (under Resources) or participated in Early Childhood Screening (schedule under Resources), you will receive open house and registration information.
- Watch for a link to sign up for a Ready for K assessment from your building principal. These take about 15 minutes during the last week of May and create a snapshot of your child's skills.
Early Childhood Special Education
Any child between birth and five years with a demonstrated developmental delay and who meets eligibility criteria in early childhood special education is eligible to receive services. If you would like to make a referral for an evaluation or to discuss developmental concerns with an intake facilitator, please use the Help Me Grow link (under Resources).
Tips for Families
→ Read to your child every day! Language development is a top factor in being ready for and successful in Kindergarten.
If you have questions or need additional resources, call our office. We welcome you to call with questions, big and small.